During your graduation, you will definitely face many complicated assignments, overcome thousands of demanding tasks and handle a lot of stressful situations. Luckily, not every task is a real threat to your school or student life. Is it true that easy assignments exist on your way? The answer is positive, and an ethics essay is among them.
What is an Ethics Essay?
Ethical essays require arguing for a particular moral conviction. You must find the proper words to defend your ethics position by putting strong arguments. An ethics essay is quite a tricky one. You are expected to develop logical counter-arguments and find the way to disprove them. Show your personal suggestions are correct. Note the sources your work is based on must be reliable. Choose the proper topic for your work. Raise the everlasting question about people’s values or impact of moral principles on an individual's life. Eventually, you'll deliver a good ethics paper that will meet the expectation of the most discerning readers.
What do you know about this type of academic paper, and how does it differ from the reflection or analytic paper? Start with the definition of the issue to see the difference. What is ethics? It is a code of practice; an unwritten policy society sticks to in daily experience. Without noticing, we follow the ethical standards to integrate society, keep us together, and help to interact with people. Each person tends to disagree with the numerous rules. It might be a perfect topic when you create an argumentative ethics essay.
What to Write About? List of Great Ethics Essay Topics
Before start writing, be sure you choose a proper topic. For more inspiration, check a theme related to professional ethics, personal ethics or general ethical issues. This way you can easily find a decent topic to develop an essay on ethics. Choose the one that corresponds to your beliefs. Maybe you have seen a controversial movie recently that gave rise to a dispute with your friends? Or read a book that highlighted human actions in a bad light? Think about newspapers. For those who are seeking for “foot thought”, media is a treasure chest.
Here some examples of ethics essay topics and cases you might find useful:
- Do journalists have the right to interrupt people's private life?
- Drugs should not be made legal in the world.
- Ethics in society essay: it is wrong to conduct experiments on animals as they are nature creations.
- Euthanasia: people suffering from pain and incurable diseases should have the right to die in law.
- Responsibility for punishment: is it right to remove a kid from a family for one single slap.
- Colonization theory: humanity has to think about moving to other planets.
- Fast food consummation: how society should punish parents who encourage their kids to eat unhealthy food.
- Education revolution: colleges/universities don’t focus on employers’ needs and labor market.
- А violation of medical confidentiality due to saving lives
- Can kids have plastic surgery and Botox injections?
- Kids' bullying: is it right to tattle to a college administration?
- Cruelty to animals: should we be silent if our relatives or friends abuse pets?
- Cheating on a test: should a student tell the tutor that his mate doesn't deserve high marks?
- What should media write about: deliver context that the public wants to hear or tell us the naked truth?
- Drinking at the prom: is it right to have a loud party for teenagers under 21?
- Who is judged: should football players be paid more than doctors and engineers?
- State foundations and church: why should they be separated?
- The right to suicide: what to do if a person doesn't want to live?
- Gathering information about clients: do the companies have a right to collect their customer's personal data?
- To be or not to be: must students learn classics profoundly or it doesn’t correspond to the modern society requests anymore?
- Robin Hood in a law: should the rich people pay more taxes and share their income with the poor?
- The weapon allowed everyone: can we change the system?
- How schools avoid responsibility: why do we have less physical education today?
- Truth leads you to the abyss: is it necessary to be sincere if it gets you into troubles?
- Public praying at the school: is the religious act interfering with the rights of agnostics?
- Do education institutions and tutors responsible for low test scores?
- Respect for the family: should teenagers always follow adults' decisions?
- The importance of a team building: does one member of a group can be more valuable than others?
- Inappropriate behavior: why weirdos make us feel strange?
- Is it appropriate to develop scientific programs for a human cloning?
Or you can turn to philosophy in search of the ethical dilemma. A broad reading and literature studying are important to define a proper approach. It is your starting point to elaborate a strong writing piece.
How to Start an Ethics Essay?
As we've already mentioned, there is not a big difference between various academic papers. They all followed the same standards and consist of three separated parts:
- Introduction. When you elaborate an outline on ethics, find the hook to inflame the readers' interest. Put thesis statements that represent a key idea.
- Body. This part is your issue description. Ethics essay demands to disclose the author's judgment and suggestions in this paragraph. In order to deliver strong evidence, turn to the most reputable sources. You have to prove by all means your point and make the ethics paper sound more persuasive.
- Conclusion. It is a final chord of the paper on ethics where you summarize your key ideas. Make it concise.
Tips on Making Your Paper Perfect
- Don't use clichés because they weaken any writing piece
- Put your thoughts clearly. Don't choose too difficult words.
- Keep your sentences smooth!
- Identify the key point in the opening sentences.
- Discuss your argument with a person who disagrees with you.
- Keep the required format (MLA, APA, or Chicago)
- Write less than 1,500 words: 3-4 pages.
- Don't waste time. Meet the deadline for submissions.
We hope our guide helps you get useful knowledge, and we are eager to see you are making significant progress soon! If you have any doubts about ethics writing, find professional assistance and let skilled authors create the top-notch paper.