- How to Write an A-Grade Descriptive Essay Example + 40 Topics
- The Best Descriptive Essay Topics Collection
- 10 Descriptive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- 10 Topics for Descriptive Essays High School
- 10 Descriptive Essay Topics for Middle School
- 10 Descriptive Essay Topics for College
- The Best Tips on How to Write a Descriptive Essay
- The Introduction of a Descriptive Essay: How to Get Started?
- How to Craft a Powerful Descriptive Essay Thesis?
- Tips on How to Write a Conclusion for a Descriptive Essay
- Descriptive Essay Examples: Check the Correct One Before Getting Started!
- “ The Woman I've Seen Once”
- A Descriptive Essay Outline Sample
- Advice from an Expert on How to Write a Descriptive Essay Example
- Our Professionals Craft the Perfect Essay Worth A+!
A descriptive piece of writing is your chance to offer the reader see the picture with his own eyes. Working on a descriptive essay examples, you are going to provide your target audience with the perception through 5 senses. If you manage to do this the best way, your paper will be evaluated highly. If not, you are likely to get a low grade. Some students consider this piece of writing an interesting task to do. Others think it is much more difficult than any other written assignment. Are there any reasons to think so?
Almost every day, you describe things with the aim to help other people imagine what you are talking about. Sometimes, listening to your description, the person understands what you mean from the 1st time. There are situations when it is extremely difficult to draw pictures using words.
Not everyone has an ability to describe things in a bright clear manner. This doesn't mean that you should just give up! No, never! This guide on how to compose a descriptive essay example will help you to learn writing basics. Follow the most effective tips for completing a paper that will 100% stand out!
The Best Descriptive Essay Topics Collection
Before you get started with the descriptive essay example writing, you should take several steps. The 1st one will be the selection of a topic, like a compare contrast essay. Choosing from descriptive essay topics, be guided by the rule to give preference to the topic you are familiar with and feel passionate about. It is very important for any type of paper, especially for this piece of writing.
How can you describe the person you have never seen, the event you haven't attended, the phenomenon you haven't heard about? It is obvious that only being familiar with the main features and distinctive characteristics of the object/subject of your description, you'll be able to provide readers with a clear picture of this thing. Do you experience difficulties with the topic selection? Check descriptive essay topics and choose the one that sounds best.
10 Descriptive Essay Topics for Grade 8
Pick the topic you find the most interesting one:
- The portrait of my mother
- My best friend and me: common features we have
- The bird I like the most
- The perfect day of my life
- My favorite author
- My first school teacher
- How do I see my family dream house?
- What is my perfect weekend?
- What does the forest look like in winter?
- What makes my room unique?
10 Topics for Descriptive Essays High School
Check a topics collection aimed at high-school students:
- What do I like/dislike in my appearance?
- Whom do you consider beautiful among celebrities?
- Describe the most interesting dream you have seen
- How should the best cup of coffee taste?
- Describe the best present in your life
- Do you believe that pets look similar to their owners? Describe your pet
- My room and the room of my sister/brother
- My father's character
- The smartphone of my dream
- Innovative characteristics of Apple gadget.
10 Descriptive Essay Topics for Middle School
Check the collection of easy topics ideas:
- Which season do you consider best for traveling?
- What was your impression unwrapping birthday gifts?
- My favorite holiday celebration
- What kind of clothing style do you prefer?
- Describe the most beautiful sunset you have seen
- Which feelings does a person have going somewhere by plane?
- The prettiest girl/boy in my class
- The portrait of my grandparents
- My favorite food
- The best day of my life so far
10 Descriptive Essay Topics for College
Have a look at descriptive essay topics that can be used by students studying at a college below:
- The mountain lake description
- How do you imagine the most romantic wedding day?
- Describe the feelings of a person who has fallen in love
- The person I love the most
- What kind of rest do I like?
- The worst summer holidays in my life
- Describe any labor activity
- Describe the process of writing a letter to a friend
- How do you choose gifts for your friends?
- Describe the process of work (your dad is repairing his car in the garage)
The Best Tips on How to Write a Descriptive Essay
Have you chosen the best topic? It is high time to learn how to structure this kind of paper the correct way. This genre doesn't differ much from other papers. Like any other one, it starts with an introduction, followed by the main body, and finally, there is the conclusion. Sure that this genre has its own distinctive features you should take into account. Don't you learn how to write a descriptive essay on A-grade? Check helpful tips for crafting a worthy descriptive paper that will impress your teacher.
- Offer the reader plunge into the world of your sensations. If two people are given a task to describe the same thing, they will do this differently. Every person perceives the world and everything that happens through his/her own vision. Being assigned to write a paper describing something, you should use a great opportunity to show how you see this/that object/person/event using the bright language rich in literary devices, which play a significant role in the reflecting atmosphere.
- Make your paper vivid. The key to success is to sound expressive. Your task is to help readers see the whole picture reading your paper. Words can work miracles being not less bright than a photograph.
- Help the reader understand the work’s purpose. Any paper topic has its purpose. The writer’s task is to provide readers with a clear understanding of what it is.
- Convey information following the outline. Making an outline is a must if you want to create a good work. A detailed plan will help not to miss any detail. Following the correct structure, there are all chances to craft a valuable piece of writing.
If you aren't good at writing essays according to the structure, you are welcome to check how to write essay parts. Step by step, create a description that will sound real.
The Introduction of a Descriptive Essay: How to Get Started?
Some students spend hours brainstorming ideas on how to get started. Are you one of them? If you don't understand how to write a descriptive essay intro, start with a life story from your personal experience able to engage the reader. Your story should touch all 5 senses. Choose which one to start with. For example, describing a wedding day, start with the description of the atmosphere, music, decoration, etc. Make the reader guess what celebration it is. Creating intrigue works effectively.
How to Craft a Powerful Descriptive Essay Thesis?
A thesis statement is an obligatory part of your work. The purpose of this sentence is to introduce the key topic idea. The thesis should be clear and concise. It should be one informative paragraph. Focus on the major idea, exclude everything that doesn't matter writing about the purpose and the way you are going to reach the goal.
Tips on How to Write a Conclusion for a Descriptive Essay
The end of the work should include the writer’s standpoint and the main points’ brief summary. Conclude the paper not leaving readers with questions left. Make it powerful because it has been proven that the reader's memory is organized in a way that implies he/she remembers the last words better than the main body’s information. Wonder how to write a descriptive essay conclusion? Check the example!
Descriptive Essay Examples: Check the Correct One Before Getting Started!
Is this the first time you need to craft a description? Check descriptive essay examples for you to understand how to do this the best way. Have a look at the example below.
“ The Woman I've Seen Once”
Every day we see a lot of strangers passing them by without paying attention but that woman in the red dress stood out from the crowd. She was extremely beautiful. She knew about this and even felt proud of being like a model from the fashion magazine. She has long black hair, big black eyes that it was possible to dive into them and get lost forever like in the ocean. However, on their surface, I noticed waves of sorrow.
The woman was standing silently. The entire nature of hers was ready to scream from pain. Her eyes were full of tears looking at me - those were tears of sadness mixed with happiness. I wanted to come to her to ask what had happened. Unfortunately, something prevented me from this.
I turned back, understood that she had disappeared. I did my best to find her seeing her nowhere. It was so strange because it seemed that her perfume was left in that park forever. I smelled it - it seemed so familiar to the one my mom had. She died when I was five. I wanted to find her seeing her in everyone.
I will never forget the woman who looked so similar to my mom because she had such a sad face. I think that there are no meetings, which take place by chance. I am sure, that one has been planned by someone. Who was she? This has remained a secret. This doesn't matter because her appearance gave me a chance to see the image of my mom once again and feel her love wherever she is now”.
A Descriptive Essay Outline Sample
Depending on what you are going to write about, your outline will differ. Describe a person's appearance, an event, a process, a natural phenomenon, a picture, etc. In each case, the outline’s content will differ while the main structural elements we have already discussed above will remain. Check the descriptive essay outline sample that you can use describing a person.
- The overall impression
- The features you have noticed 1st
II. Main Body:
- The description of the face/body parameters
- The description of the clothes
- The behavior of the person
- Does the character of the person suit the appearance?
- What kind of features helped to find out what kind of personality the person has?
- The personal observations
Advice from an Expert on How to Write a Descriptive Essay Example
Write your work only after checking successful descriptive essay examples. Keep in mind that to complete a good essay of this genre, you need to be very careful with details. Don't make a big mistake considering details not very important for the overall impression. If writing about the person, analyze both the appearance/character, find out what the face features, clothes can tell about the personality.
Describing any person/animal/not alive object, remember that you should have a clear picture of the topic to impress the reader with your detailed story. Use senses to help the reader see, smell, taste, hear, touch what you are writing about.
Prof. Mary K., online essay writer from EssayPro
Our Professionals Craft the Perfect Essay Worth A+!
Have checked the descriptive essay example being unsure you can write this type of work on A+? Our professionals with years of experience will give a helping hand! Share the topic/the teacher's guidelines and we will do our best to exceed his/her expectations. We have a team of reliable writers treating the process of crafting essays as an opportunity to realize their potential.
Just contact us writing “Write my essay cheap”. You will be pleasantly surprised by affordable prices per page we offer our customers to pay for. Forget about sleepless nights/long working hours during the day! We are here to help 24/7! Our experts are always ready to offer necessary academic assistance with any kind of work, regardless of the difficulty level!
Don't hesitate to use our services if getting a high score is of the utmost importance for you! We promise you'll never regret hiring one of our well-educated talented writers! Tell us your wish - we will tailor our service to your personal wants/needs!